J's preschool graduation

It was a big day for J. In the morning I pulled out his tooth that had been hanging on for weeks. His permanent tooth had already grown in behind it and he was perfectly content to let that baby tooth stay in there. I was not.


Then on to his preschool graduation. His teacher has been phenomenal. I cannot say enough good. She accommodated his food allergies and we never had any close calls which was an incredible gift. He is reading at a Kindergarten level and absolutely adores school. I was so impressed by the Christmas program that I encouraged Steve to take time off work to come to the graduation. I'm glad he was able to be there. J had his speaking part memorized and the kids knew their songs and poems. It was a great event.

But the moment I will take with me is when the teacher called each kid up to receive their diploma and asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. You had your usual firefighters, police officers, baseball players, doctors, and there was even one kid who wanted to be a vampire. But when J was asked what he wanted to be he said, "A Dad." He received the loudest applause and a man behind us said that was the best answer of the day. I am no crier, but that heartfelt announcement sent tears to my eyes. When I asked J later why he wanted to be a dad he told me it was because he loved Daddy so much and wanted to be like him. (More tears on my part.) That's why I married Steve. I wanted my kids to have a Dad who loved them and treated them like the most important priorities in his life; who played with them and listened to their hopes and dreams and who encouraged and supported them. And my kids have that. They love their Dad and hearing J say he wanted to be like Steve when he grows up confirmed yet again how blessed we are to have Steve in our lives.

Our graduate.

Our graduate with his supportive brother.

Our graduate with his hero.

Our hero with our graduate's brother who wanted a pic of just he and the hero.

Our graduate with one grateful and super blessed Mom.

Comments