Easter 2016

Easter was another holiday filled with drama. I don't know about your family get-togethers, but ours are a far cry from the picturesque ones seen in paintings and TV. This Easter I had a class to teach the 16-18 year old young women and wasn't able to give the lesson because I had to run to the emergency room to make sure I did not have a blood clot in my leg. (Thankfully I didn't, but it had to be ruled out.) Steve was upset that I did not allow him to take me. (I drove myself.) Instead I needed him to hold down the fort and get the kids to church and teach my class for me. (He thought I was asking too much when he wanted to be by my side so passed the teaching assignment to someone else. Not cool, Dude.) By the time I got home I was not in a great mood.

Despite the underlying crazy of the day, there were some positives...

My Mom met me in the ER and we were able to visit while I waited to be seen. Another cool thing was that I had to be hooked up to a baby monitor and we got to listen to his heartbeat and movements for 20 minutes. I was also able to talk to one of the labor and delivery nurses about questions that had been on my mind.

Once I got home, Steve's parents joined us for Easter dinner which they mostly prepared and was perfectly delicious.

And just so you don't think the day was all about the crazy, we spent the morning coloring eggs with the kids and having our first ever Easter egg hunt in our backyard.

Coloring eggs.




Steve made sure to represent.
 

Easter egg hunt.




Steve thought these planes would be fun for the kids and they were until they broke and got tangled in M's hair.


M drew a bunny rabbit in honor of the day.

The boys put together a puzzle with Grammy on her iPad.

Maybe the next holiday will be more calm...

Comments