Not so romantic

Some wedding anniversaries are thoughtful and romantic (like last year). This one wasn't. We had parent teacher conference and an appointment with our tax person. In addition, Steve and I had a fight while he was driving home from work. He recently got a new phone and he wanted me to call him while he was driving so he could make sure he had the settings loud enough to hear it ring. Ummmm...no. That is what we call "distracted driving" and I will not participate in reckless behavior. He thought I was being ridiculous. Hence the fight. (Yes. I am fully aware that fighting contributes to distracted driving.) He had to run an errand before he got home and as he was unloading the car I glanced at the counter and noticed he had purchased flowers for me. Most of the time I would say "Ahhhhh, thanks Babe", but not this time. Because of our fight he had laid the flowers on the table and they were all smooshed. That little stinker. I eventually put them in a vase and fluffed them up. There was steely silence between us the rest of the night. Ahhhhh...true love. And a few days later when we were both more calm, I thanked him for bringing them home.


Now why do I share this story? Because this is our very real life. And despite our polar opposite differences, I love that man and would marry him again. Angry smooshed flowers and all. Happy 14th Husband!

Comments