J's lost tooth

J's tooth started to wiggle and sure enough soon it is ready to fall out. I hate touching loose teeth so I would encourage him to yank it out while I was safely across the room. However, a few days ago I start looking in his mouth and realize the permanent tooth has already come through the gum and is behind the baby tooth waiting to take his rightful place in his mouth. I am a goal oriented individual so now I take it upon myself to get that baby tooth out. Today it was hanging by a thread and I told J it was coming out. He was woefully unimpressed with me making that decision for him.


D thought J was "hilarlilous".

Eventually, we got it out and everyone survived.


Fast forward to the next morning when the Tooth Fairy remembered that she forgot to visit the night before. J was sad, but thankfully because the same experience had happened to M (twice) she quickly reassured him that something even better would come the next day.

So that night I am searching for the tooth and I cannot find the Ziploc bag that held it. It had completely disappeared. I search everywhere, but it is gone. After we tucked the kids into bed, I got one of M's old teeth (which look nothing like J's) and I take it to him in his dimly lit room and tell him I have found his tooth, but not to touch or look at it. I placed it on the bedside table, kissed his cheek and thankfully, a few hours later, remembered to leave money and remove the tooth.

The next morning J is heartbroken because his tooth is missing again and M has to reassure him that this is normal and convinced him that money was better anyway.

The best part of the story is I finally found the Ziploc bag. You see, as a cost saving measure, we wash our bags and Steve had done the dishes as a sweet gesture and washed the bag without realizing it contained J's tooth. Fact: he accidentally pulverized the tooth in the garbage disposal. No wonder we couldn't find it. Tooth Fairy drama!

Comments