M and her cats

M was so proud of herself when she got Mongo to hold a rose in her little kitty paws.


And Romi is this girls best friend. Grammy and Grampy got her jammies with a black cat on the shirt for Christmas and M was so excited to show him.


Another cat story. Every night Romi waits outside M's room until Steve and I kiss her goodnight then he runs in and keeps her company until she falls asleep. Sometimes we hear her laughing and talking to him. I do not allow cats on our furniture. That grosses me out. So imagine my disgust when I am changing M's sheets one day and notice they are covered in black cat hair. I asked her about it when she came home from school and she admitted that after we leave the room she allows him to snuggle with her in bed. I, of course, forbid her from allowing the cat on her bed ever again and told her I thought we should not let him come in her room for awhile until he remembered he was not to get on her bed. She said okay. Fast forward to bed time. We kiss her goodnight and close the door so Romi cannot get in. An hour later I am watching TV and thought I heard crying. It was M. Steve checked on her and she sobbed that she missed Romi. He got me and I walk into one of the most heartrending moments of my little girl's life. She was sitting in bed sobbing because she missed her best friend, our cat, Romi. Well, I'm no monster and I told her she could have Romi back immediately. Turns out he had been waiting by her door the whole time. I asked that she not allow him on the bed. She agreed, but there is more black fur on her comforter and sheets so I am pretty sure my request has been forgotten. And you know what...I have forgotten it as well. Some things (like a girl and her cat) are just too precious to separate.

Comments