Santa improv

Every year I offer to take the kids to see Santa and every year they refuse. I haven't felt well this December and wouldn't you know this was the year that my children decided they wanted to talk to the Jolly Old Elf. So gathering all my strength we head to the mall and stood in line for 15 minutes only to learn there was a nearly two hour wait. Ummmm...this posed a problem. There is no way I can stand that long and I have made a promise to my little ones that they can see Santa. We sat on a bench while I explained that it would be two hours before they would be able to talk to Santa and that would feel like an eternity to them (and me, but I left that part out) and then I asked what they wanted to do. They looked at each other and said in near unison, "We want to go home". Oh blessings in heaven!


As a consolation prize, I suggested they stand in front of a poster with Santa on it and then we stood outside Santa's enclosure so they could see the Man in Red and then I asked them to tell me what they would have told Santa. M wants a blanket. J wants a rocket and so does D because he wants whatever his brother wants. Good to know my kids will be disappointed Christmas morning because that is not what Santa is bringing. I'm just glad I didn't have to stand in line for hours just to hear their hopes will be dashed.

Comments