Two date night fails

Fail number 1: I like to try new things so when I saw an ad for a couples paint night I signed us up. Hmmm...not my best move. I have no artistic talent. This is not the moment you chime in with false comforting words like, "Don't say that because it's not true!" or "You are so creative!" You are wasting your breath. I know when I am good at something and I am not good at painting. But I thought this would be different because an artist leads the group and paints along with you. All you have to do is follow. Well that was misleading because apparently you still have to paint on your own canvas. So this is what I learned (or was reiterated)...I am not a good painter because I am a type A personality who has no patience or desire to do this particular task. Not a shocker. Also Steve is really good at painting. That one was a shocker. I realized if he took lessons and applied himself he may have a hidden talent. Mostly though, I was amazed yet again at how different Steve and I are. He had a lot of fun and was relaxed while I was counting down the minutes until we could leave. I married a good guy. And even though I abhor the painting I made, I hung them on a wall at home just to remind myself that Steve and I work well together even though we are complete opposites.



Fail number 2: For my birthday Steve signed us up for a date at The Escape Key. The idea is that you are locked in a room and have to solve a series of puzzles to escape. I was really excited and would have had a great time except the people that also chose our time slot (complete strangers, by the way) were not rule followers and trashed the room making it impossible to solve the riddle so mostly I stared at them and wondered what barn they were raised in. I would like to try this particular adventure again with my family and rule following friends because I could see where this could be really fun. Thanks for trying, Babe. Maybe the cosmos is telling us to take a break from dating for a while?


Comments