Grassroots

People ask all the time how much my kids cost. It's an uncomfortable question, but we understand why people ask. The way we have come up with to answer the question so our kids feel like they are more than just dollar signs is to say, "Our children are priceless; it's the adoption process that costs money. The adoption process is expensive, but our children are worth every penny that process cost us".

We are still paying off debt incurred from D's adoption so my sister suggested we throw a neighborhood carnival. From there it morphed into a full blown community festival complete with food trucks, vendors, music, carnival games, raffle and a live princess photo booth. In all the hullabaloo I forgot my camera, but one of the vendors snapped some pics and sent them to me.

The 2015 BYU football team autographed two footballs for us to raffle.









The festival was a success and we were able to pay off a significant amount. We learned a lot (understatement) and I am so grateful for those who helped with this enormous undertaking. You have no idea how precious your sacrifice has been. Thank you.

Comments