Best Mother's Day ever

Mother's Day is a painful holiday for me. It is intricately intertwined with infertility and the day serves as a reminder of loss. Confused? You are not the only one. Inevitably, every year I have this conversation with someone..."Why do you hate Mother's Day? You have three kids. You are a mother". Thank you for your input. I have no logical answer for you. Let's just all embrace that it is a difficult day for me.

Each year I try to figure out how to get through the day without leaving a lasting, sad image of me curled up and teary eyed in my children's minds and this year I discovered the perfect solution. I went to work. Literally. I went to work and sent Steve and the kids to church without me. After I got home from an intense yet satisfying day of social work, I enjoyed the drawings my beautiful babies had made for me and I spent the rest of the night cuddling with them. At the end of the day I announced to Steve that I had the perfect day and would enjoy my Mother's Day at work next year as well. He is as confused as the rest of you, but he was relieved to have me in a cheerful mood. Happy Mother's Day!

Comments