Hutchings Museum

Recently I was watching an episode of Mysteries at the Museum and M watched a portion of it with me. She was enthralled and asked in hushed, reverent tones, "Is this science"? "No" I said, "It's history". And with rapture in her voice she repeated, "History". She loved the parts of the show I let her watch.

So it was spring break and I did not want to fight the crowds that ensue when parents and children flock to all the well known entertainment destinations and it occurred to me there may be obscure museums hiding in small towns. After some looking I found one. Hutchings Museum. I packed the kids up and away we went. Even with spring break in full swing we were the only ones there for most of the time. My kind of place.

This place was wonderfully surprising and all three of my kids were enthralled with the place. It was deceptively larger than it looks on the outside and there were so many things we haven't seen in other museums.



A disturbing exhibit...hair art.  Really. It's hair.

The jail cell that was used until the '80's. D was rattled.


Definitely a place to visit.

Comments