Zoo Lights

Fact: Not every idea I have is a good one. Case in point-Zoo Lights. While in St George I came across coupons for $3 Zoo Light admissions so I thought it would be a good idea to go. Wrong! It was a bad idea. Millions of people attended this event. Literally millions. I counted. The line to pay was 20 minutes long. Thankfully, my sisters joined me on this journey to crazy town so we each held onto a child.



Thanks for coming Sisters! Where was Steve you ask? He was sick, the lucky duck. Now many of you are asking why we did not turn around and leave-well it is because my kids were so excited to go to the zoo. Now here is another fun fact that I should have anticipated, but didn't...the animals were all asleep and the zoo was dark. There were no animals and my children were exceedingly disappointed. Turns out Zoo Lights are just that - lights at the zoo. Now we know. Now I will say they had some unique lights and the light tunnel was entertaining, but beyond that the excitement was lost on me and my kiddos. After the zoo we headed to 7-11 for Slurpees. They were yummy and helped distract my children from their animal-less zoo experience. To be fair we did see the sand cats which were active and we learned the Bolivian Titi Monkey intertwines tails when sleeping. So there was that...


Comments