Vegas Christmas

My family celebrates Christmas when it works for everyone which usually means not the 25th. In another fun twist, my brother and sister in law had a new baby and decided to stay in Vegas this year rather than travel with two wee ones so we went to them.

On the way down we got caught in a horrible storm and it was white knuckle driving from Cedar City to St George so we called the Wingate in St George (got an incredible rate) and stayed the night. The kids loved it. D falling out of bed and remaining asleep was a highlight of the detour. Another amazing thing...they offered a full breakfast and were incredible with food allergies. They let me go in their kitchen and showed me where everything was made. They pulled all the packaging out of the fridge and freezer and let me read labels on everything including all spices they use. They checked on J several times throughout breakfast. And they offered to purchase and make special breakfast accommodations for him if we stay with them in the future. I have never had an experience like that and it gave me such peace of mind. Oh and J loved everything they served. So it was a win-win at the Wingate.


Once we made it to Vegas we pow-wowed as a family and headed to the bowling alley. This was the first time for my kiddos as I am not a bowling fan, J LOVED it and exclaimed, "We have got to do this again"! M and D thought it was pretty great as well.



Grandma helped corral the little one, though it became eventful when he darted into the men's room.
Lucky Grandma!


"I do it myself"!



I am so bad at this. Seriously. I am really bad.


M really got some height on her throws. Next time we will encourage her to roll it.

My brother researched recipes and found one for fried chicken that used cornstarch as a breading instead of flour. That was really sweet and thoughtful.

After dinner it was time for presents and the only picture I got was of my sister's gift to my Mom. She finally passed her math class and got her Associates Degree. I say it was a gift for Mom, but really it was for everyone since we no longer have to talk about another failed math class. She estimates she took math seven times. So glad you passed!!!!


One exciting gift I received...my brother made me a headboard! We've been married almost 13 years and this is our first real one. Don't judge me. I've had other priorities. Can't wait to put it together. Thank you!


One thing that was wonderful was that I got to do a jigsaw puzzle. I used to love doing puzzles, but with three small children that is not the stage of life we are in. And we got to sample real Swiss chocolate. My Mom has friends in high places.



On Sunday my brother and sister in law blessed their baby (lovely blessing, by the way) and we spent more time together.


Then it was time to meander back home. D was asleep within a few minutes with a candy cane in his happy, sticky little hands.


Merry Christmas Family! So glad we could be together.

Comments