Waterlogged

A neighbor offered their tree full of apricots which I gladly accepted. I am not one to turn down free fruit. I decided to churn out fruit leather so I had the kids helping with the latest food preservation project. Of course I had them wash their hands first.



After about a half hour M wandered into the living room and started screaming, "There's water!!". I raced in and saw through the open bathroom door a sink overflowing with water and drenching the floor. I raced to action turning off the water, throwing the linen closet open, and chucking every dry towel onto the sink and floor. When most of the water had been sopped up I took a picture of the room and my children.


I made them sit and watch me clean it up.
They were very obedient.

The sink had clogged and though I tried my darnedest, I could not improve the flow (or lack thereof) so after the kids were in bed that night Steve tried his hand at fixing it. He wanted to call a plumber, but I told him man up and figure it out. Yes folks, we have true romance on our side. My words came back to bite me when he put a snake in the drain and the pipe fell off. I'm telling you it was a comedy of errors.


We had a good laugh and cleaned up more water and sludge and learned the reason for the clog in the first place was that the entire pipe was filled with mud. Apparently, all those times the kids came in from playing and asked if they could wash their muddy hands in the sink and I said yes was a really, really bad idea. Now we know. Take note and learn from our mistakes. Wash the super muddy stuff off outside. Oh and Steve fixed the plumbing. It works perfectly. Thank you, Husband. I knew you could do it.

Comments