Museum of Natural Curiosity

My good friend invited us to go to the Museum of Natural Curiosity with their family. I was not expecting much, but let me tell you this place is out of this world awesome! But you probably already know that since it appeared every family in Utah was there. I cannot wait for the hullabaloo to die down (though it will be a long time). We were there three and half hours and only saw a smidgen of the things there are to see.

The playground is unique with ripped tires for padding underfoot. The tires added a bounce to my run after J clotheslined himself. Of course I quoted an often repeated mom line, "Well, Honey. This is why I tell you to look where you're going..."


M could not get enough of the tornado simulator. It was awesome. I tried it, too.

There was an enormous room where kids could get wet while learning about water currents and turbines. There was even a section to build canals and dams. My kiddos were in heaven.

D was fascinated and would not leave this spot. In front of him is a large pipe where water flows from when someone turns the turbine.

 He thought he was controlling the water flow (he was really controlling the currents) and every time water gushed out, he screamed and pointed.

There is a series of rope ladders high above the chaos on the floor. One leads to this airplane cockpit.

The day ended soaking wet and happy at the Noah's Ark splash pad. 

What a fabulous place! This one museum has seriously tempted me to consider an annual pass to Thanksgiving Point. Usually, I don't invest in annual passes because I know I won't go back to places. Once or once in a while is plenty, but this place...so many venues and perks to one pass. Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the invite!

Comments