Exterior doors

We have been in our house for nine years and during that time our exterior doors have taken a beating from the elements. Over time the wood has cracked and pulled away from the house and paint has chipped. So for several summers I have tried to motivate myself to repair and paint them, but to no avail until this one. It was a horrible and horrific and long, drawn out process that took months to complete, but here is the finished product.

Front door

I was going for a sophisticated slate/gray/blue and ended up with fairytale cottage/robin egg blue, but at this point it will stay "cute" which was the sickeningly sweet word a well-meaning neighbor used. At the end of the day, it is worlds better than what it was. I just patted myself on the back for a job well done.

The side door was exactly what I was going for. Phew.


Comments