Following the prophet

M was asked to give a talk in Primary about how our family is blessed when we follow the prophet. She and I sat down and brainstormed together and came up with a rough draft that included a thesis statement complete with main ideas and bullet points. The thoughts and ideas in the talk are hers. I was there only to help with sentence structure. Then to top it all off, she wrote the whole thing out on paper. Pretty impressive for a seven year old. Look out college English writing course. Here she comes!

Of course, I'm pleased as punch with her budding writing skills, but listening to her childlike testimony warmed my soul. I am so grateful she sees and recognizes good in the world and knows where she can find peace, love, and acceptance. Right now, for her, that is in the home and at church. Many people do not have either. What a blessing she has both.



Comments