MO...MMY

Just remembered this blog worthy story.

A few months ago I was doing dishes and was listening to the boys play in their room. There were the usual playful squeals and hollers, but then I heard a loud crash and a scream. I believe that kids should try to work things out first before an adult intervenes - that way they learn conflict resolution - so I yelled at them to be nice. There was a moment of silence followed by chants of

MO...MMY...MO....MMY...MO...MMY...MO...MMY...MO...MMY

I let this go on for about two minutes, but because it did not ease up I went to check it out. And what do I find? D is laying on the floor on his belly and J is straddling him and bouncing on his back. D knew there was no hope of freeing himself and he did not have enough air to cry so he was chanting the one person's name he knew could save him.

MO...MMY.

J had the privilege of spending some time alone in his room while I apologized to D for not responding sooner.

My boys should have come with warning labels.

Comments