Reflections

I am an achiever. Not an over achiever. Not an under achiever. Just an achiever. I feel no pressure to go above and beyond. I solidly do whatever the task requires because this seems reasonable. For this reason I do not support things like the "Reflections" contest at school. It appears to be a program that showcases talent in various forms and judges children's abilities to prove said talent. I don't really know. When M brought home a flyer that explained Reflections I promptly threw it in the garbage. To be clear: I do not care if other people participate. Knock yourselves out, but please leave me out of it.

Weeks go by and M brings home another flyer that says any child who submits an entry to the Reflections contest will get a free pass to Kangaroo Zoo. M looks at me with pleading eyes and begs me to help her get a free pass to Kangaroo Zoo. (Dang it! I am a sucker for "free".) Of course the submission was due the next morning. Whoever convinced Kangaroo Zoo to join the over achieving Reflections team and guilt moms like me into completing late night projects because daughters with pleading eyes beg them to, should get a whopping.

So M drew a ballerina picture. It was nice. A few weeks went by. The submissions were judged. She got a participation ribbon. A few more weeks went by. She received her free voucher to Kangaroo Zoo. A few more weeks went by and we spent the night jumping around as a family. We had a great time and M got in free.










Love you little girl! Because of you we had a fun family night.

Comments