Take two

M has been talking about having another Christmas party since the survival of last years shindig. I had a hard time pulling my act together this year so I tried to convince her that a Valentines party would be better. She tilted her head to the side, scrunched up her face, and said, "Huh? No it's not."

So on Sunday night my sister and I made invitations. On Monday she passed them out to all the girls in her class. On Thursday night I purchased food. On Friday seven screaming girls descended upon us. They played downstairs, made an ornament, then there was freeze dance, and watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Overall a grand success. I learned a lot from last year...namely, when making an ornament don't paint it. It doesn't dry quickly and it gets everywhere. This year I learned an equally valuable lesson...glitter is also a bad idea. It gets everywhere and sticks to everyone. Oh and if I want pictures, I will need to invite someone to help because I will have my hands full orchestrating the events and corralling the glitter. Note to self.

M, I loved watching you interact with all your friends. You are an absolute joy and I was thrilled listening to you talk and play and laugh. My favorite moment was when someone felt left out and you immediately stopped playing and included them. I love you, Baby Girl.

Comments