Most expensive Band-Aid

My Mom gave my kiddos hats and gloves for Christmas and they could not wait to try them out.




We had a wonderful day in the sunshine until D dragged M's new scooter into the street. When I hollered for him to get back on the sidewalk he tripped and punctured his chin on the handlebar. This would be a good time to mention I don't do blood and this was deep. I applied pressure and dragged him into the house while yelling for M and J to follow. I called the pediatrician and got the dumbest advice I have ever listened to and followed..."Oh, we are going to lunch right now. Bring him in an hour. We can put stitches in at that time." Having never had stitches before this sounded reasonable. I gave him Tylenol and by the time we saw a doctor it was two hours past his injury. He said the window of opportunity had passed and he would now have a scar, but it was okay because scars are cooler on boys than girls. I stared at him with my mouth gaping open. Seriously?! That's why you get paid the big bucks?! Then he applied a Band-Aid smeared with bacitracin as carefully as if he were performing neurosurgery. During this ridiculous, unnecessary fiasco all I kept thinking was that this was the most expensive Band-Aid I have ever paid for. And it was. $87. Next time I am going to leave the doctor out of it since I can apply a Band-Aid with shocking accuracy. Plus the word on the street is that scars are "cool". *sigh*

D spent some time loving with Daddy. The whole event was pretty traumatic for him.


Ultimately, all's well that ends well.


Comments