Power to the woman

A couple of years ago I had our existing patio ripped out because the previous owners had graded it toward our house and I wanted to avoid problems with our foundation. It has been a sad area. Not user friendly and ugly. In my sweet (or not so sweet) wifey way I have been trying to get Steve to pick up a shovel and start digging a new patio. He has been resistant for three years. I am done waiting for him and have decided to dig that dadgum thing myself. So far I have dug out about half of the 15 ft x 25 ft area. Power to the woman! Tonight D pitched in.



Funny story: I was watching a friend's son and he was helping me dig in between playing with M. This was our conversation.

Him: Have you dug this whole thing by yourself?
Me: Yes sir.
Him: Where is your husband?
M: My Daddy is doing dishes.
Him (after a long moment of silence): He should be out here digging this and you should be in the kitchen doing the dishes.

Hmmmm...not sure how to respond because while I would like some help from Steve every liberal fiber in my body just stood on end. So I took a moment to compose myself so I could respond appropriately to a five year old and then I smiled and said, "Oh you. Go play." Seriously. Go play so I can continue digging with all the woman power I can muster.

Comments