Halloween 2013

M had her heart set on being a queen so a few days before Halloween I started looking through our costume box to see what treasures we had. I really didn't want to go the store and fight the crowds. Plus, I'm lazy. (I think I heard some of you gasp. I am pacing myself. No need to outdo myself while she's six.) There was only one thing in the box that fit her; a Snow White costume. My sisters and I were able to convince her she could be Queen Snow White. It was a tough sell, but she bought it.

The day started with a parade at M's school. My very focused little girl would hardly look at us because she was so intent on marching, but she told me later how happy she was I was there. Totally worth it.


I LOVE Halloween so we started getting ready for trick or treating at 4:30 pm. I found an online tutorial that showed me how to transform M's hair. It turned out beautifully and she was on cloud 9. The boys became Eeyore and Pooh because that is what fit. They were less enthusiastic about dressing up.


D was hilarious to watch. The first few houses he unwrapped the candy immediately and tried to eat it on the porch, but once he realized that every house offered him a new treat he could not be stopped. We went strong for an hour and a half and he ended up with the most candy. Another milestone of the night, J was in big boy pants and stayed dry. Huge news.




A little boy dressed as Tigger could not believe his eyes when he saw Pooh and Eeyore.

I know what you are all thinking...Steve is one lucky man.

 Steve could win ugly sweater contest Halloween division.

I did not make dinner because when I was growing up candy was dinner on Halloween night. In my mind this is a good tradition. The kids were confused, but gave it a try. I have decided something is wrong with my kids though, because it was not long before they were begging for real food. Steve prepared noodles and my little health nuts were satisfied.


For the record, I ate candy for dinner. Yes I did.


What a great night.

And something goofy...Romi could be the poster cat for black cats everywhere.


Happy Halloween!

Comments