Making lemonade

We are on a roll at this house and it is not a pleasant one.

The scenario: I had my first sinus infection. I was miserable. I was on the phone with the doctor. The boys were screaming. I walked outside through the sliding glass door to hear. J followed me out. J closed the door. D flipped the switch and locked us out. (You have got to be kidding me!) Because he's a baby he did not understand why I was not coming back in; he did not understand my loving instructions on reversing a lock. I called Steve and alternately hissed angry words to him about being trapped outside and then used sweet singsong tones to D to convince him to let us in. D became agitated and scared. This was getting us no where. Thankfully, I had left the front window open so J and I went to the front so I could pop out the screen and shove J through. Then a friend saw this drama playing out and stopped to laugh. Probably good she did because she introduced humor into the situation. So I popped out the screen, shoved J through the window, he unlocked the door, I hugged him and high-fived him, hugged D and then grabbed a ladder, towels, rags and a bucket with sudsy water.

Why?

It turns out our windows were filthy. We have lived in our house 8.5 years and I have never washed the windows. Who knew that windows pick up dirt and grime over the years? Anyway, my windows sparkle like never before. Literally. How's that for turning lemons into lemonade?

Comments