And then there were two

M is a first grader. Steve went into work late so he could see M take her first steps away from us. (I know. Drama, drama, drama) Everything went well. The pics before school were great. J copied everything M did. He loves her so stinking much.




Then it was off to school.


The kids lined up outside their classrooms and the parents lined up facing them and I was fine, totally fine, until the teacher opened the door and the kids filed in while she addressed the parents. This is what she said, "This is a big day for everyone including parents. I want you to know I will take good care of your children." Well, that did it. I started crying. I want to be the one to take care of my little girl. Is she going to eat at lunch? Will she make friends? Will she be bullied? Is she going to get the academic attention she needs? I DON'T KNOW!!!!

So M started her new life and we started walking back to the car while I pulled myself together.


I was successful until Steve said goodbye to go to work and told me to have a nice day with the boys. I looked at them and burst into tears. Steve got back out of the car and held me while I sobbed that I need more children because this was going so fast and I love being a mom. So other than that the day has been fine. And the boys and I had fun together. And Steve knows that three children is a good start because clearly I am loving the whole mom gig.

M, I love you and I hope you are having a fabulous day at school.

Comments