Independence celebrations

Our holiday weekend was shaping up to be pretty low key. The plan was for me to work while Steve played with the kids. Not bad, but instead something great happened. My brother and sister in law surprised everyone with a Utah visit. The best part? We got to meet their new addition!

Fact: when you show up with a baby no one notices you anymore. It's all about the baby. I don't think any of us glanced at the brother and sister in law because we were glued to the baby carrier. When they pulled him out he had a blow out diaper and needed to be changed. My brother went to change him and I followed to offer moral support (a.k.a. mock). Twas a sight to behold, but my favorite moment was when he accidently used facial exfoliating wipes instead of baby wipes on that poopy bum. Makes me chuckle just thinking about it. By month two you will be a pro, Bro.

I was dying to love on him. So was M.
Check out her expression.

This is the crazy look I got in my eye while asking J if we should start working on number four. Ironically, it is the same look Steve gets when I start talking about number four though his face becomes more ashen.





Finally after an hour M got her chance to love.

Remember the ashen face? It sort of looks like this.

Could not get enough of him.

 Well, D was content playing with Scout, but I'm telling you, M is a natural.

While I worked, Steve and the kids met my family at the parade.






Almost everyone (missed you guys!) met at our house for a BBQ that night. My Mom raised us to be anti-pyrotechnicians. Her mantra: Leave the lighting of colorful explosives to trained professionals because you will loose a hand or badly burn yourself. She's a nurse. She's got stories. So we whipped out the silly string and attacked. It was AWESOME!!


All three of my kids cried at some point.

Proud of her work.

The aftermath.

We enjoyed the neighborhood fireworks with hands and skin intact.


The art of throwing pop its.


 Two out of three ain't bad.






We ended up having a great couple days with family. So glad you guys came so we could love on your baby! He's a doll. See you in a few weeks!

Comments