It's what fun is

Several months ago my Mom told us some people she works with were hosting a Lagoon Day (all expenses paid) and invited her. She in turn invited us. And we in turn told M that was the fun thing we were doing to celebrate her birthday. (I love free!!)

M could speak of nothing else, but Lagoon for weeks. The night before the big day she was so excited she went to sleep at 11:00 pm and was up at 7:00 am jumping a full six inches in the air for about an hour. We got ready and headed to the amusement park with M screaming with delight. We got there at 1:00 pm. My Mom arrived at 3:00 pm and it was a good thing she got there when she did because after every ride M asked where Grandma was.

Lagoon did not disappoint. It has been years since Steve and I went and it was a blast. M could not get enough and ran from ride to ride. Her favorite was Bombara and she rode it three times; once with me, once with Steve, and once with Grandma. That's right. My Mom got on a roller coaster. This is news, folks. Apparently, M did not scream, but Grandma did.





Lovin' the Dragonfly.

J rode three rides. The Ferris Wheel, the Log Flume, and this.

Daddy showed M the fine technique of roller coaster riding.
Arms in the air.

J and D hung out in the stroller enjoying the sights for most of the day.

A brief reprieve and spray bottle made D giddy.


At the end of the day the boys were still perky.

M, however, could only muster this face when I asked her to smile. That is one tired and deliriously happy girl.

We had so much fun. I thought we would be there for the afternoon and call it quits, but we ended up staying until 9:30 pm. The boys were troopers. No naps and no crying. M was in heaven except when she had a meltdown at dinner because of her lack of sleep. She crawled in my lap and I rocked her. I stopped rocking to eat and she opened her eyes and said, "Rock me, Mommy. Just rock me." She fell asleep for a half hour and was ready for more action. That is my favorite moment from the day. Better than any ride at Lagoon including Rattlesnake Rapids.

Mom thanks for inviting us. We had a blast. M is still talking about her Lagoon birthday. Love you!

Comments