My helper

J is amazing at assessing situations and jumping to help. For example, if we take our shoes off, he will pick them up and put them away without being asked. If he sees I am filling cups with milk, he will wait until I'm done and then put the milk away without being asked. Another example: He cannot take a nap if there is anything out of place. J is a sweet boy who is very aware of his surroundings and loves to help. My favorite thing is after he does something helpful he comes to me, holds out his hand, and says, "Hi Fi". Gotta love the high fives.

So now the story of how my little helper gets himself into trouble. I was loading the dishwasher and J is fascinated by this process. He helps load things occasionally, but his favorite thing is looking at the soap and watching it snap into the drawer. I had to change D's diaper in the middle of loading the dishwasher and just as I was finishing I heard terrified screams coming from the kitchen. I ran in to see J with his arm stuck in the cabinet (thank you child safe lock) after searching for soap to add to the dishwasher.


I promise I freed him the second after the pic was taken. He was heartbroken because he was just trying to help me and though I love the help I am glad he couldn't reach the chemicals.

Comments