Barry

M has a vivid imagination. One night we were eating fish for dinner and she asked what the fish's name was. I was trying to coax J to try fish so I was only half listening. She kept asking so I threw out the first name that came to mind. Barry. So she starts talking to "Barry".

M: Barry, I'm going to eat you.
M speaking for Barry: No don't eat me!
M: Mmmmm...Barry you taste good.
M speaking for Barry: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve and I laughed.

Here's the thing. Now all meat is "Barry" and it is starting to gross me out. The other day I was de-boning chicken and M sat at the bar and made sounds like she was in pain. I finally asked her what she was doing. "Mom, you're hurting Barry." And then I found my stomach was unsettled at the realization I was chopping Barry into little bits. I'll tell you this though...he tasted good.

Comments