General Conference Sunday

This weekend was General Conference. I work every Saturday so I get to catch up on those talks later, but usually I get to spend Sunday at home with the hubby and kids listening to the Prophet and apostles. I was on-call in the morning and it was a little hectic because of that so Steve let Conference play on his Dad's laptop (Thanks Father-in-law!) while he made pancakes for everyone.




After we had eaten and were cleaning up dishes we heard screaming from the backyard. We race out in time to see D trying to go down the slide. Now here is the story of the slide. We got a fence. (YEAH!!!!) The fence cut us off from the neighbor's swing set and my kids have been going through withdrawals. I found a free slide on KSL until we get a more permanent solution. This slide is not safe. It's very wobbly and you definitely want to make sure your tetanus shot is up to date, but for M and J it will do for now. However, I do not want D anywhere near it. Now back to the screaming...apparently D wants to do everything his siblings do so he was at the top of the slide and M was holding on to him screaming for help. Steve helped stabilize the situation while I grabbed the camera.


I think I detect a hint of defiance in his eyes.

 


D's outdoor adventures exhausted him.


We celebrated Steve's B-day with a store bought coconut cream pie. Pure laziness on my part.


Later I was helping M wash her hair when D slipped past me and slid into the shower with her. This boy was all about the sliding today.





By the way, did you catch Elder Holland's talk? That one was for me. Heavenly Father is very aware of us.

Comments