It's always something

My Mom has cousins we do not see very often so when they came to town and invited us to dinner we looked forward to an entertaining evening. We met at Olive Garden and had a lovely visit. Lots of laughter and good conversation, but here is the moment I will take away from the evening. My sister had just finished telling our cousin that we are a crazy family when my brother leaned over to tell me J was poopy. J was sitting on his lap and as I turned back to the table to gather the diaper and wipes my brother jumps to his feet and gives a holler as J tumbles to the floor. I spin around as my brother announces J has pooped on him. Now that's a moment that makes every mother proud. But wait, there's more. It turns out J had reached behind his back and pulled out a handful of poop from his diaper.

So there we are in a restaurant, my brother with poop on his shirt, my boy with poop on his hands, and our cousins who now know we are the crazy family my sister had so appropriately identified. After grabbing a diaper and wipes I ran J to the bathroom to change him. Because he pulled the poop out of his diaper his shirt was also smeared with his excrement and had to be removed. When I got back to the table by brother quietly pointed out a small pile of poop that had flown out of J's hand and on my chair when he landed on the floor. I discreetly cleaned that, too. I mean, what can you do? True to my family's style, we just went with it. Thankfully, all this went down as we were waiting for dessert. Steve felt the proper amount of shame for all of my family and tried to cover our half naked boy with D's jacket. J is huge and wearing a skimpy jacket looked far worse in my opinion, but at least he was covered. Sadly the pic with both cousins didn't turn out so only one is present, but as a consolation prize please take a gander at J's outfit and be glad you weren't one of our fellow diners.


Comments