The Jordan World Circus

I love the circus. When I was a little girl my parents took me to see one and I still remember standing in line to go into the Big Top. There were lots of people and once we got inside it was dim. The grass was matted and the air was dusty and it smelled like a stable. My brother and I got to ride an elephant and I felt like I was going to fall off because the animal swayed from side to side. I remember watching different acts, the tight rope, the clowns, the blind-folded knife thrower, and the elephants (we were buds now that I had ridden on one.), but one thing that sticks out from that day was watching Tiny Tim perform Tiptoe Through the Tulips. My Dad leaned over right before he started to sing and told me I was lucky to be able to see him sing in person so I made a mental note of this historic moment. Truthfully, I was a little baffled at the time because Tiny Tim did not sound very good to my little ears, but what did I know? Needless to say, the experience left a positive, lasting impression.





So you can imagine my joy when I saw a Groupon for the Jordan World Circus. It allowed all of us to go for $30. A spanking deal if you ask me! So off we went and it was phenomenal. Seriously. It was fabulous. The acts were fast-paced and fascinating. The aerialists were beautiful and stunning. The singing Ringmaster had a beautiful voice. The acrobats were daring with M saying "That is not safe, Mom. They should not do that. I would never do that." The clowns were actually funny and watching M laugh out loud was priceless. The high wire act was nail biting as were the many other stunts. Can you tell I loved it? The best part was watching M and J absolutely spellbound for two hours. I wonder what they will remember in 20 years...







Comments