Do not tell me no

I am an independent soul and I consider it a personal challenge when someone tells me no. I beg your pardon! I will decide for myself what I can and cannot do. Thank you very much! This personality of mine has been a bit of a shocker to my sweet, non confrontational husband. Through the years we have learned how to communicate effectively and we have a great relationship, but we are not without our differences. Let's talk about one of our differences for a moment, shall we?

Recently I wanted to go to a movie with my hubby and kiddos. I talked it over with Steve and he promptly poo-pooed the idea with reasons like-I don't want to go with the kids, They will cry, I won't get anything out of it, It won't be any fun, No one should take children to a movie theater because they are loud and that is disrespectful to other patrons, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. And ultimately he refused to go. Flat out refused.

I'm not saying his reasons are not without merit, but I wanted to go to the movies, dang it! So I found that the Rise of the Guardians was playing while Steve was at Scouts. I got everyone ready, kissed Steve goodbye and off we went without telling him our destination. He didn't ask and I did not want to hear all his reasons again. You should have heard M's scream for joy when she realized we were going to see a movie. I sent a picture mail to Steve once we were seated. I found out later he just shook his head. What is he going to do with me?


Now here is how the movie going experience played out. The movie was awful. I did not care for it one bit. M liked it, though I'm sure she would have liked anything. D and J did great up until the last 20 minutes, but that had nothing to with the movie and everything to do with the fact that it was a half hour past bedtime. I would definitely take the kids again and next time, Sweetheart, I hope you join us.

Comments

  1. I can't believe you didn't like it!! We all went and everyone loved it!!!
    YOu are a brave woman to take all of them by youself! Way to go!!! They are adorable!!!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment