The downside of inclement weather

I know what you're thinking...what downside? Who doesn't love cold, rain, wind, and snow? Well that would be J. If it is not warm and sunny that boy is terrified. Literally terrified. He cannot abide anything wet or windy touching his head. Should that happen he covers his head with his arms and screams like he is being beaten. Not a pretty sight. And lest you think that is his only hang up, it's not. The sound and feel of snow crunching underfoot or, heaven forbid, rain or ice leaves him screaming on the porch to be carried to the car or vice versa. *sigh*

So I tell you all that to tell you M was thrilled when snow fell and she could not wait to go out and play. She got dressed and ran out into the cold. J wanted to follow her, but I now know better. There is no point in dressing him for arctic weather when he will not leave the warmth of the house so I opened the front door and let him talk to her from the porch. For one brief moment I thought he would join her, but I was wrong. He is more of a summer kind of guy.

 


Comments

Post a Comment