Pilgirms and Indians

M's school had a Thanksgiving feast. Her class was assigned to be pilgrims and she talked about the upcoming event for weeks. Steve was home that day so I was able to volunteer for the first time. I loved going to M's school and setting everything up for her.

The kindergarten classes performed a few Thanksgiving songs that were quite disturbing. All about chopping turkeys with axes. I mean, it's true, but harsh. I'll have to ask M to sing them for me again.




My favorite moments were when she yelled out "Mom! Mom! Hi!" as she ran past. And when the event was over she stood in line with her class and waved and hollered, "I love you, Mom! I love you more!" I love my little girl with all my heart. I know there will come a day far too soon when she will rein in the love and loud expressions of joy at seeing me so I'm soaking it in. Oh and M...I love you more than that!

Comments

Post a Comment