A whole new low

This post is not for the faint of heart or the judgmental.

It turns out J is a candy junkie. He can't get enough of the stuff and absolutely freaks out if he can't get anymore. I am of the opinion that every kid should be able to eat as much candy as they want on Halloween, but the rationing begins November 1st. Well, we gave J a caramel apple sucker on the 31st and he didn't like it so he put it on the table. That night after putting the kids to bed I hid the candy and removed all wrappers. When he awoke to no candy on the 1st he screamed while he went through withdrawals. I had to leave the room because my eardrums were ringing. Then suddenly there was silence. I waited for a moment before launching an investigation. This is what I found...




Somehow I forgot about the sucker on the table and my precious children were taking turns licking it. Now sure I could have stopped them. What about germs, you ask? Well, the damage was already done. The germs had found new hosts so I chose to look at the slobbery - I mean silver- lining. They were sharing. Germs. Candy. Slobber. What a beautiful moment.

And when did I finally clean the sucker off the table? Well it took two days for the kids to lick it off!

(Side note: I am fairly certain Steve is going to have a coronary when he sees this post. Love you, Babe!)

Comments