This takes forever

One summer shortly after we had been diagnosed with infertility I was working in the garden feeling absolute despair. I remember watching my tears fall on the freshly turned soil and thinking my life was a shell without children. What was the point of gardening and canning if there was no one to teach the skill to and share in the excitement of growing fruits and vegetables?

Fast forward several years.

We were blessed with tons of grapes this year and J was thrilled to help me make juice. Making juice with an almost two year old takes forever. He wanted to show me every single grape he touched. He threw every 10th grape across the kitchen. He splashed in the water and soaked his clothes. And this is why I love being a mom. Watching the joy and excitement in my children's eyes as they learn about the world around them. Children love completely and perfectly and I am the blessed recipient of love and joy every single day. There is no greater gift. For me life without kids holds no excitement, no promise. Sure I could breeze through tasks and projects, but there is no where on earth I would rather be than canning with my super active boy. Especially if it takes forever.




Comments