Princess Festival

My little sister was asked to join the cast of princesses as Alice (as in Wonderland) for a Princess Festival. Always thinking of me (and my cheap ways) she invited M and I as VIP (non-paying) guests. M is one reserved gal and I was not sure how she would respond to a plethora of princesses. I should not have wondered because she loved the entire night. I had a great time, too.

By the way...interesting how princesses and potential photo opportunities with said princesses turn normally rational parents into seething, elbow throwing, line-butting parents. Because this was my first experience in this type of setting I was unprepared for the competitiveness of my peers. It didn't take me long to put up my dukes and shove M into the fray so we could obtain these gems.

The evening started with a princess cupcake.

She had an especially warm reception from Alice. 
(M never did realize it was her aunt.)

 

Alice's solo. (I totally get that you cannot hear her, but she did a lovely job.)

M's favorite princess of the night. She was thrilled to give her a hug.



M's least favorite princess because Belle tried to show her how to hold her hands like a princess. Apparently, M found it off-putting.



Though not a princess, Peter Pan attended the festival as well.
 
The dance party complete with the hokey pokey.

My princess.

Comments