Three is my magic number

One of my earliest memories is being in a large library and my Mom pulling me over to see someone's baby with her oohing and ahhing the entire time. My Mom helped instill a love of children and big families in me. Unfortunately, this has proved problematic as Steve and I have not had any control over our fertility. So for many, many years I have been excruciatingly baby hungry.

When M joined us I desperately needed her and desperately needed her to need me. She came and filled a hole in my heart, but she was so perfect in every way I needed someone who kept me on my toes. I was still baby hungry.

When J came I was in a dark place and was in the process of healing. He came and filled another hole in my heart. J came to us with more energy and excitement for life than Steve, M, and myself have combined. I needed a baby, but he was a big boy and so I continued to be baby hungry.

When D arrived 15 months after J, I was shocked and thrilled as yet another hole in my heart was filled. Ten years of marriage with three kids age four and under. My dream was finally coming true. People ask me all the time with trepidation in their eyes or sarcasm in their voice how I am handling three. You want to know the answer?

GREAT!!! 

I love my life. I love my kids. I love my husband. Three is not a big deal. Sure there is chaos and fighting and biting and screaming and dirty clothes and tears and dirty dishes and dirty house and weeds in the flower beds and you know what? All that can wait. Right now I am holding and kissing and loving and teaching and singing and tickling and cheering and reading and celebrating every milestone my three beautiful children are experiencing. I am so busy with my trio that for the first time in my life I am not baby hungry and I am enjoying them without sorrow tugging at my heart. Apparently three is my magic number.

I have been reflecting on our life because D's adoption was finalized and we were sealed as a family. What an amazing blessing.

D had a massive diaper blowout so he went
before the judge without pants. Classy.



My eternal family.











We are so grateful for M, J, D and their birth moms. We thank our Heavenly Father for them and the blessing of being parents every day.


In summary let me be very clear. We want more children and would welcome as many as we are blessed with so be sure and file that in the back (or the front) of your minds. I promise to personally hug and high five anyone who helps us add to our family. How's that for a prize?

Comments

  1. Oh, Allyson! I just love the person that you are. I feel very lucky to call you my friend. This was a wonderful post to read, and if I can ever find a way to help you add to your family, I would do it...can't think of a better momma!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment