Just eat it already!

 
I asked Steve to help with dinner. He does not like to help with dinner so I gave him a task I knew he could do with very little drama. I asked him to shuck corn. He didn't get far. First ear, first husk...

Steve: "What's wrong with this corn?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Steve: "It's red."
Me: "Oh really? Cool."
Steve: "I'm not eating it. I've never seen red corn before."
Me: "You're eating it. Keep shucking it so we can cook it."
Steve: "No, I'm not eating it. What if it's poisonous?"
Me: "Not all corn is yellow. What about Indian corn?"
Steve: "Right! And we use that for decoration!"
Me: "Highly doubt the Indians used it for decoration. In fact, I'm pretty sure they ate it. Keep going so we can eat."
Steve: "Something is wrong with it. I can't eat it."

Now I'm mad and convinced I'm married to a crazy person. Steve thought he was married to someone who was trying to kill him with red corn so I guess we are made for each other.

At some point, I turned my back to finish dinner prep. When I looked back Steve was no where to be found and the corn was still in its husks. Where was he? Oh he was on the internet researching red corn. Did you know it has 20% more protein than yellow corn? Neither did I. Did you know it's edible? So did I.

Comments