Parents of the year...or so we thought

For M's birthday Steve and I got her a bike. She has been asking for one and it seemed like a good idea. It wasn't. Well, it was at first. Her eyes lit up and she jumped up and down.



And then reality set in. Riding a bike is hard work and takes practice. Neither of which M was interested in.

Over the last few days she has tried it out, but the experience always ends in tears and with these magic words from my daughter.

"I don't like this!"
"I don't want this bike."
"I want to go inside."

And so the bike sits in the garage.

In other news, here are some other happier birthday moments.


 

J found Grammy and Grampy's water feature.


M discovered golf.


J did too.

Steve thought he would show J the better way. 
(In a different life Steve golfed several times a week.
And then he married me.)

Hangin' with the cousin moments before he projectile vomited. Now that's a party.

A non-chocolate birthday cake. Like mother like daughter.


No cake for J.




M got some fun gifts, but I want to point this out for one reason and one reason only. Ladies, is there anything hotter than a man who reads directions? (Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question..)


 

Comments