Damsel in distress

I love my children. They are my everything. You know what I don't love? Screaming and whining and sissiness. We were playing in the yard having a perfectly lovely time when M saw a wasp. For the record it did not come anywhere near her, but she saw it nonetheless. She ran for the house and locked herself in. I am a reasonable mother so I told her going inside was no problem, but she would have to bring the bike and scooter inside first. Thus began the hour long scream event. I'll spare you most of the details, but just know I guided her to the bike and scooter multiple times only to have her run back to the house with tears streaming down her cheeks. Again I am a reasonable mom and 9 times out of 10 I am cool as a cucumber, but I could feel myself losing my temper so I called Steve. The minute he picked up he wanted to know what M was screaming about. Now mind you, I am in the house with the window open and she was on the sidewalk wailing like a banshee. Steve was mortified that our family drama was playing out for the neighbors to see. Well, he certainly had a point, but there was still the matter of that stupid bike and scooter. After no less than 60 minutes of me cajoling and her screaming we were still at an impasse so I grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. M hates to have her picture taken when she is unhappy and the minute she realized what I was doing she sobered up and dragged the scooter and bike to the house. Then we had lunch. All that drama over a wasp. Ridiculous.



Comments