The fire station

M had a field trip to the fire station which meant the boys and I got to join her. This seemed like a good idea, but the execution was a little off. D was strapped to my chest and J was in a stroller. This was fine until we had to climb stairs. J will stay in his stroller indefinitely once in, but he will not get in and out. Once out, he recognizes freedom for what it is. So J was on the loose. At one point all the kids were perched on the back of the fire truck. It's a perfect photo op and 20 parents are crowding one another for the perfect shot. Including me. It's at this moment I realize I have no idea where J is. And then I hear the scream. He found a cute little girl to hug. Hard. So hard he pushed her down. So hard he pushed her down and landed on top of her. He is no featherweight. She was. And you know the no mans land between a photographer and their subject? That is where the "hug" took place. *sigh*

There is more.

While I was struggling to entertain J, D is strapped to my chest asleep. As I think to myself how grateful I am he is not screaming I become mildly aware of a wet sensation on my leg. In my semi-conscious state I reason with myself that I am imagining it since I haven't touched anything wet and it is not my tummy that is wet which I would have expected with an overfilled diaper so I try to ignore it. As the sensation spreads, I look down in time to see pee dripping off D's toe and onto my last clean pair of jeans. *double sigh*

Alas, this was M's field trip and not the adventures of Mommy and boys, so I will tell you she had a marvelous time. She and her BFF are in the same preschool class and they went everywhere holding hands. It was pretty dang adorable.

(Side note: the boy in the pic has a crush on M. Apparently, he hugs her and tells her she is pretty and that her likes her a lot. Every defensive Mommy hair on my body bristled when M told me. I mean, come on! Is anyone good enough for my M?)


When we got home I took some pics just because and then we went out to play.

What a great big sister.


Comments