Crashing with Lady A


Steve surprised me at Christmas with tickets to see Lady Antebellum (my favorite band) for Valentine's Day. Did I mention I am a country fan? This was a mostly good gift. I do not care for V-Day. Never have. I always managed to break up with boyfriends right before and bless Steve's heart, he is not the romantic type, but he hit a home run this year. I have seen U2 and Dave Matthews Band (my only 2 concerts) with Steve and it was torturous. (End already!) I was skeptical about attending another concert and I steeled myself for disappointment on the drive there. What a waste of my time because I had the time of my life. I knew all but three songs and sang along the entire time. For being as famous as they are, the band was down to earth and made me feel like they were just jamming for kicks and giggles. They spotlighted the opening acts (Thompson Square which I loved and Darius Rucker which I didn't) and their band during the middle of their show. They highlighted their musicians, but did not do ridiculously long solo licks where I find myself begging for mercy. For instance, four guitarists jammed at the same time. Never seen that and they rocked it. Lady A had a three year old introduce one of their songs which was adorable and to the parent of the three year old...not impressed. Way past that kid's bedtime and super loud on the ears. (I know that was judgmental, but I left M home even though she knows Lady A's songs.) I hate when the cell phones and lighters come out and everyone has a kumbaya moment, but I loved that Lady A only called for cell phones during the song "Dancing Away With My Heart" to create the illusion of a disco ball. I didn't want the concert to end and when they finished I screamed like a 15 year old groupie until they returned for their encore number. And then I screamed some more. Loved the concert experience. Love Lady Antebellum. Love you, Husband!

As a side note, on our way to the concert we witnessed a car accident two cars in front of us while going 75 miles an hour on the interstate. The collision was volatile with debris flying in all directions. We were able to stop in time and Steve called 911 as I ran to see if the people in either car survived. They did. Everyone was wearing their seat belts and all airbags deployed. What a miracle. Please buckle up.

Comments