What would I do without this girl?

M keeps me on my toes which I love. She also says the funniest things. Here is a smattering of life with M.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are "girl cheese sandwiches".

Certain words are off limits in our house. "Butt" is just such a word. So when I was playing and tickling her I was caught off guard by this interaction.
M: Grab my butt!
Me: What?
M: Grab my butt!
Me: What?
M: Grab my butt!
Me: What?
M: Grab my leg and then my butt.
Me: What?
M: Grab my leg and then my butt.
Me: What?...Where is your butt? (By now I am extremely concerned and my mind is racing.)
M: Right here! (Pointing to her belly.)
So I did. (Phew.)

I was struggling to get my key on the keychain. M watched this with great concern and under breath said, "You can do it, Mom. You can do it, Baby."

She loves How to Train Your Dragon and the end where the boy looses power on the gruncle and says "I'm okay. Less okay." sends M into hysterics. Her interpretation is "I'm okay. That's okay." and we hear her repeat that phrase many times a day followed by peals of laughter.

M creates her own musical medleys. One of the most unique was pairing I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me with Jar of Hearts. One we sing in church and one my four year old should not be able to sing along to. (But while I will not win any mom of the year awards, can we all agree it is a good man hater song?)

A friend gave her a dress:
M: Who gave that dress to me?
Me: Sister so and so (I gave her the real name.)
M: You've got to be kidding me!

We were talking about the scriptures and looking at a painting which depicted a biblical figure.
Me: Who is this?
M: Jesus?
Me: No.
M: Moroni?
Me. No.
M: King Triton?

Romi, the cat, meandered near M and she loudly declared, "He smells foul. Like poop!"

Steve was tucking M into bed and said, "I love you, kid." to which she replied, "I love you, man."

My in laws recovered a chair for me for Christmas and the morning after I put it in the living room M ran to it with honey all over her hands. I insisted she wash all the sticky stuff off before accosting the new upholstery. When she came back in the room she asked, "Is the chair ready for me now?" I don't think that poor chair will ever be ready, Sweetheart.

I was putting her to bed when she wanted to know...
M: What's your favorite color?
Me: I love all of them. You know what else I love? YOU!
M: I'm not a color! (laughing)
After I started laughing with her she said, "Tell Daddy. Tell him what I said."

I chased M through the house, caught her, and tickled and kissed her face off. She squealed and laughed and when she finally caught her breath, said, "Let me go because I do not wish to fall."

Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for M in my life. She is my joy.

Comments