Grapes of Wrath

I am a frugal, practical soul who takes pride in grinding wheat, baking bread, tending a garden, making my own laundry soap, and canning just to name a few pastimes. Steve loves to partake in the fruit of my labors, but really does not like to participate. Mostly, he thinks I am crazy for all the effort when the grocery store offers all this and more. Recently, someone offered me free grapes. Awesome! Bring on the grape juice. The only problem is I had to pick them and with 2 active children that can be difficult. I enlisted Steve's help much to his chagrin. The entire time he picked he was badmouthing those grapes. I can't be sure, but he may have been taking some of his frustration with frugality out on the poor unsuspecting fruit. We were out there for a few hours. Thankfully his Mom helped or it would have taken even longer. (Thanks, by the way!) M played with the scooter and swing and kept J occupied. J ran around squishing grapes with all his different body parts. He was a slimy, sticky mess. Thanks Grammy for giving him a bath while we loaded grapes!




It's like I tell Steve...ours is not the story of "The Little Red Hen." When I made grape juice the other night he drank it and declared it was nectar from the gods. I think it tasted better because you helped, Sweetheart. Badmouthing and all.

Comments