A couple of M stories

M has been cracking us up lately. She is interested in knowing who has given her what. For example, she wants to know who gave her particular clothes or toys. So she was using the potty when she asked, "Who gave me this potty?" I answered, "Mommy and Daddy." With a big smile and laugh she said, "No. Heavenly Father did!" Well, ultimately, yes, but I was thinking more along the lines of who was paying the mortgage.

I was in the middle of bottling grape juice and had to run to the basement for more jars. I put J in the crib so he would stay out of trouble for the five minutes I would be downstairs and I asked M to give him some toys. I had just gotten downstairs when I heard J give an odd cry. I ran back upstairs to see M pushing his arm against the crib. I immediately intervened and in no uncertain terms demanded to know what was going on. According to her, he pulled her hair. I guess that means sibling annoyances have begun. At this point I notice the bite mark on his arm. (Seriously! I left the room for 60 seconds!)
Me: Did you bite him?
M: Nnnnyeah.
Me: Did you bite him?
M: He didn't cry.
Me: Did you bite him?
M: Yeah.
Me: Don't bite him.
M: Okay. Let me kiss him.
She gave him a smooch. He smiled and throughout the day I reiterated our "no bite" policy. We have not had any problems since, but he also hasn't pulled her hair yet.

Every morning M has bread with butter and honey. I was squeezing honey on her bread when I hear her mutter under her breath, "Squeeze him, Jafar. Squeeze him, Jafar." "What?", I asked. With a big smile she told me, "That's on Aladdin."

Her interactions with Steve have been particularly funny.

Steve was typing on the computer when M started licking his arm. He was horrified as he is kind of a germaphobe. Steve yanked his arm away and asked what she was doing. She told him she was giving him a bath like our cat, Mongo, gives baths. For the record, it is as gross when a cat gives tongue baths as it is when M gives them.

Steve was feeding J mashed pears and he was being silly about eating it. Out of nowhere M said, "Just eat it, man. Just eat it, man."

Comments