Poop stinks

I feel like I have been posting more about J than M, but she has never given me a fraction of the trouble my boy gives me. I am in over my head, folks.

J had a nasty bum rash that needed to air out so I put him in his high chair with a receiving blanket between his bare hindquarters and the seat. I fed him dinner and then asked Steve, who was practicing letters with M at the kitchen table, to watch him so I could grab something in the next room. I was gone for maybe 5 minutes and when I walked back in the room he had poop smeared all over his face, body, and high chair. Here is what happened next.

SMACK!!! (Me hitting Steve on his shoulder)
Me: What are you doing?!
Steve: What are you talking about?
Me: Can't you see J is covered in poop?!
Steve: WHAT!!!! J!!!!!
Me: Don't yell at him! He is just a baby! I told you to watch him!
Steve: I was watching him!
Me: You watched him smear poop all over himself?!
Steve: No!

I think we can take a break from the convo, but you get the drift. We continued to banter without going near or touching J. I mean, the boy was a poopy blob. Eventually, we walked over to assess the damage and burst out laughing. He was disgusting and had gotten even nastier during our discussion as now slimy mounds of excrement blotted the floor. We managed to wipe him off and Steve gave him a bath while I disinfected and re-disinfected the floor and high chair and sprayed off the receiving blanket in the yard before washing it. After he was done with his bath Steve pulled him out and he promptly climbed on top of a box when our backs were turned. I can't post the pic of his first climb because he was in the buff, but I can tell you this boy is a gifted climber. How wonderful.

A word about M. She sat primly staring at her slimy brother and would occasionally say things like, "That's sick, Mom." or "Mom, is that poop? Gross!" Thank you my little darling for never doing ANYTHING even remotely as disgusting as J.

Comments