$2 Tuesdays

We took advantage of $2 Tuesdays in August at Thanksgiving Point. It was hot the first day we went so I thought it would be fun to go to the Children's Garden so M could enjoy the Noah and the Ark splash pad. Turns out this was the same idea many Utah moms had on the same day at the same time. We had to wait two hours for our twenty minute time slot. So in the interim we walked through the garden and got lost in the hedge maze just as M declared she needed to go potty. We had several intense minutes as I frantically tried to get us out. M helped by wailing about her need to go "RIGHT NOW!" We made it out in the nick of time.

This was taken seconds before she declared she had to potty.


Passing the time in the lazy river.

Loving the splash pad.

The twenty minutes flew by far too quickly.

The second time we went to Farm Country. I was not sure how J would handle the animals. He fared much better than M.

Totally unimpressed by the goats.

Totally impressed.

It took J all of two nanoseconds to try to touch them.

Gripping the cage as I tried to move on to the next enclosure.

M did not want to get near the horse, but I told her J was being brave and she did not want her little brother to receive higher props than her.

We could have unlimited wagon rides and both M and J thought that was great.


After the wagon ride M decided she wanted to ride a horse. Knowing that a half hour before she did not want to stand near one, I did not welcome the idea of standing in line only to have her wig out and change her mind. Nevertheless, we waited in line for 30 minutes. This is the moment she turned to me and said, "I wanna ride the horse by myself."


And she did!

Let me mention that we were the last to get in the pen so we had to take whatever horse was left. It was the largest one and my head was even with the top of the saddle. Since I had to put her in the saddle I quickly set J down on the wood chips away from the horse hooves and then tossed M over my head. Then I grabbed J and ran to a corner and took pictures. I was so proud of M that it was several minutes before I finally looked at J. He was chewing on manured wood chips. Since then he has had diarrhea. I think there is a possible correlation.

Riding the tractor.

Taking the "food" to market on a conveyor belt.

J has a way with baby animals.
This calf desperately wanted to share.



Though not willing to give a drop to the overly friendly calf, J offered a sympathizing head pat.

M was able to help lead the horses into the stable and by the end of the day M decided she loved horses. She told me repeatedly that the brown horse she rode was going to live with us. I promise you it will not.




Yeah for $2 Tuesdays.

Comments