Modern medicine

J was born with a birth defect that needed to be surgically corrected so July was the big month.

The morning of the big event.
M stayed with Grammy and Grampy.
Thanks for offering to watch her!

Changing out of street clothes...

and into hospital scrubs.

Scrubs look cute on my little man.



Reading with Daddy.

J was given pain meds in preparation for the surgery and it wiped him out. Cuddling with my boy never happens because he is always on the move.

The anesthesiologist is the one who takes the
children into the surgical room.
Notice J's medicated dazed look.

Sweetest thing: Steve got teary eyed watching the anesthesiologists taking children for surgeries. Watching parents go one way and their children go the other was very touching to him.

My Mom came and kept Steve and I company while J was busy. Thanks Mom! Your visit kept my mind from racing.

The surgery went perfectly. Thank heaven!
He wanted his mom and
I was more than thrilled to love on him.

Valuable lesson learned: Pain meds are awesome. The nurse instructed me to give J pain meds when he started to act like he was hurting. So that is what I did. What a dumb thing to tell me. He should have been on a schedule because by the time he was hurting, he was really hurting and it took hours to get his pain under control.

We also learned that J has a high pain threshold because the next day he was on the move again. I was hoping for some more cuddle time, but it was not to be. So glad he did so well.

Comments