Deception

This day is not going at all like I planned. When I got up M came running out of her room with a big smile on her face. (That part is normal.) After a few minutes when she thought I was distracted she ran back to her room and as she passed me quickly hid something behind her back. It was play dough. Sure enough there was hot pink play dough all over her bed, but the most surprising thing was the telltale sign of her breakfast choice, M & M.'s.


The last two weeks she has become more independent and gotten her own breakfast. She has made excellent choices until today. I am not anti-sugar and I think kids should have access to it or it can become a problem later in life. I do, however, use it as an incentive for M and she cannot have it whenever she wants. Yesterday I had a work meeting and took a bag of M & M's to encourage her to be quiet and apparently I did not hide them well enough when we got home. So that was what she had for breakfast. She knew instantly I was not happy. I asked her where the bag was and eventually she led me to their hiding place under the bed.


We had a chat about lying and the importance of honesty.

Then we left for our day's errands which included getting J's blood drawn. He did not like that and later when we got home lashed out at M yanking her hair with more force than usual.



So J is down for a nap and M is eating lunch and I am wondering what other adventures this day holds.

Comments